It’s Bonfire Night on Saturday and, in preparation, eDriving FLEET is issuing a safe driving message to help all road users stay safe this fifth of November.
Whether you are heading to an organised firework display or a bonfire at a friend’s house, here are some tips to help you travel safe.
- If you plan to wear wellington boots or chunky footwear, please change into these AFTER driving: stick to sensible, flat, shoes for the journey
- Keep your eye on the road-don’t be distracted by fireworks in the sky
- Be prepared to encounter pedestrians (including lots of excited children), particularly close to venues that are holding Bonfire Night events
- Ask any passengers to help you stay focused by keeping the noise down and not pointing out fireworks as you drive
- If you are taking fireworks with you, store them in a safe container in the boot
- Leave pets at home to avoid them becoming agitated by fireworks during the journey
- Have a designated driver or alternative way to get home if you plan to drink any alcohol