You need a clear head when riding a two wheeler as you need to have 100% alertness and 100% concentration.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions you should not ride:
- Are you taking any prescription drugs without checking for side effects related to drowsiness?
- Have you consumed alcohol or drugs?
- Could you still be impaired from taking alcohol or drugs the night before?
- Do you feel tired?
- Do you feel angry, agitated or distracted?
- Will you be riding between midnight and 6am? *
* Statistically, this is the most dangerous time to ride and your body clock is in ‘sleep mode’. If leaving for work before 6 a.m., make sure you get adequate rest the night before.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke while riding, as these activities will distract your attention from the road.